This exciting new show is the ultimate weekend entertainment for the petrol-head family!
Race, Rock ’n’ Ride, sponsored by Principal Insurance, will take place on the weekend of May 21-22, offering two days of non-stop biking action at one of the world’s most famous drag racing venues. Whether you ride a chopper, café racer, sportsbike or scrambler, you’re sure to find something to set your heart racing.
There’s a jam-packed schedule of live entertainment taking place throughout the weekend, with wheelie competitions, monster trucks displays, drag racing demonstrations, top stunt riders, including Mr Showtime Steve Colley, and trade stands offering an abundance of fascinating fodder for all kinds of motor sport enthusiasts.
With more action being added all the time this is just some of the events that will be running over the weekend
- Run What Ya Brung sponsored by Fast Bikes – Find out how to get yourself involved here.
- Show and Shine sponsored by Back Street Heroes magazine
- Straightliners Drag Racing Championships – Find out how to get involved here.
- Stunt Bikes
- Stunt show from Steve ‘Mr Showtime’ Colley
- Podzilla Monster Truck Displays
- Mini Monster Truck Rides for children – additional on-the-day charge of £7 per ride
- FireForce Jet Car
- Japanese static bike display – Find out more here!
- Two-seater Dragster Rides – Please note, the dragster rides are only running on Sunday and are limited to four runs per day. Rides are only available if booked in advance and cost £390+VAT. For details, click here.
- Wheelie Competition
- Live music in the evening from AC/DC tribute act Live/Wire! (Entry to evening entertainment is only available with weekend tickets)
- Monster Truck Rides with Red Dragon
- Static displays of the newest machines, classic race bikes and custom creations
- Classic Racer Grand Prix Paddock – a display of classic race bikes firing up for the crowds with a track demo each day
- Funny Bikes – Pro class in the ACU UK National Championships
- 200mph nitro-methane burning, Daimler powered dragster!
Those in attendance will also have the chance to witness a world record breaking FireForce jet car — capable of clocking up a ground-shaking 336mph in 5.763 seconds – while those daring enough can also take part in two-seater dragster rides which hit an eye-watering top speed of 170mph in just eight seconds. And with round five of the Straightliners Drag Racing Championships running over the weekend, there’ll be no shortage of high octane thrills.
The action will continue into the evening in Fueler’s Bar, as Europe’s leading AC/DC tribute Live/Wire play a high-voltage, two-hour set of in-your-face, undiluted rock on the evening of Saturday, May 21, as part of the two-day motorcycling extravaganza. Adding to the line-up, TotalRock Radio DJ Tina Saul will be on hand to get the party under way, ready for Live/Wire to take to the stage.
The live performances, which are exclusive to weekend ticket holders, are sure to be among the highlights of what is set to be a superb weekend celebrating everything with two wheels.
You can find heaps more information and Get Your Tickets at ~ http://www.racerockride.co.uk/Enjoy more Back Street Heroes reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.